• Lighter sculpted lopes optimized for strength to weight
• Innovative trigger keeper on sizes #4, #5 and #6 for compact racking
• Slings are updated visually for easier differentiation when racking
• Double-axle design offers the widest range for each cam unit
• C-Loop continuous cable stem design is strong and durable
• Color-coded for easy identification and a wide range of sizes
• Neutrino Rackpack available for easy racking (see here)
For offwidth lovers like Chris Burkard, sizes #4 and up of the redesigned Camalot C4’s rack like never before thanks to a new innovative trigger keeper. Created by Brent Barghahn—a hard-sending design engineer who works on climbing hardgoods at BD—the new trigger keeper allows you to keep your big cams retracted while racked on your harness.
“I was heading out to Zion one weekend and I needed a few #6’s for this certain route,” says Barghahn. “I really wanted to have them retracted and was thinking about the idea again. I held up a small carabiner to a trigger and thought, that would be a cool nested way to build the mechanism.”
Brent whipped up a prototype down in the shop and climbed with it all weekend.
"I showed up with it Monday morning and said, ‘we have to have this on the new C4’s.'”